Staff & Faculty Access to the Library, Nov. 21-Feb. 9
The library building will close from Nov. 21-Feb. 9; library staff and services will remain available except during the university’s winter break.
Requesting Books, Films, other Materials:
Please continue to request items from our library and Roanoke College in the library’s OneSearch system; materials from other libraries will continue to be available via Inter-Library Loan.
We will contact you by email to arrange a pick-up time at the library.
Note: due to reduced on-site staffing at Hollins and at other libraries, all materials requesting services may be slower.
If you need to visit the library to browse the collection, please contact University Librarian Luke Vilelle for an appointment: email@example.com
FLEX Delivery/Pickup Services:
Due to the absence of student employees and the closure of campus buildings we will be unable to provide delivery to, or pickup from, campus offices. Items requested from our collection or via Inter-Library Loan will be made available for pick-up at the Library (see above – Requesting Materials).
Ordering Materials & Research Services:
Your Division liaison librarians are available to you and your students for consultation, including virtual appointments:
- Div. I, History: Rebecca Seipp, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Div. II: Luke Vilelle, email@example.com
- Div. III: James Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Div. IV: Maryke Barber, email@example.com
Spring Course Reserves
All reserves will continue to be electronic, as they were during the fall semester. A separate notice will go out with procedures and deadlines for requesting reserves.
- Ask about requesting materials and Spring Course Reserves: Karen Ryan, Circulation Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact your division’s liaison librarian: https://library.hollins.edu/get-help/
- All other questions: University Librarian Luke Vilelle, email@example.com
The Library staff have proudly and continually provided library services to the University during the pandemic, through the Summer graduate programs and Fall semester. We look forward to working with you as we refresh, participate in J-Term programming, and prepare for Spring.