Returns, Renewals, Notices, Lost Item Fees
For more information on borrowing from our library, see our main Borrowing Policies Page.
Databases for Public Use (funding by VIVA)
Public Database access. (access only while in the library)
Access is made possible by support from VIVA, the Virtual Library of Virginia, a consortium of nonprofit academic libraries within Virginia. Members of the public may only access these databases when visiting the library at Hollins (or another institution of higher education participating in VIVA). Access from any other location is not possible. VIVA is funded through support from the Virginia General Assembly, augmented by the local institutional library budgets.
Borrowing Rules for Guests
The need of Hollins University students and faculty will be given first priority. With this in mind, some restrictions apply to guest borrowers and to non-affiliated students:
- Guest borrowers may not recall an item that is checked out.
- Items loaned are subject to immediate recall if needed by a Hollins borrower.
- Although Roanoke College and Hollins University have a combined online catalog, Hollins University Guest Borrowers (both Community Patrons and Hollins University Alumni) are not eligible to borrow materials from the Roanoke College library.
- Interlibrary Loan services are not provided. Please visit your local public library for this service.
- Reference service will be provided on a limited basis.
What are my responsibilities?
- Library cards are not transferable.
- Please notify the library of any change in your mailing address, email address, and/or telephone number.
Last updated: January 18, 2023 at 15:49 pm