Materials & Interlibrary Loan
Articles, Books, and Book Chapters from Hollins
***Special Service 2020-21***
Online-only students may request to have items from our collection scanned or mailed to them, at no charge. Note that staff and time may be limited – please plan ahead.
If you need an article or book chapter from that is currently available at Hollins:
If you need an entire book mailed to you that is currently available in OneSearch:
- Please use this mailing library items form. Note: this service is only available for students living in the US. If you are an international student and need an entire book, please email Rebecca Seipp, Assistant University Librarian, at email@example.com.
- There is no charge for us mailing the book to you. However, you are responsible for return postage to the library OR you can bring the books back the next time you’re on campus.
Daily request volume may result in limits on:
- delivery speed
- number of requests per person
- number of pages per request
Articles, Books, and Book Chapters not at Hollins
Articles and book chapters from other libraries can be requested from our Interlibrary Loan (ILL) services, at no charge. If available, these will be digitized. Items may take 2-4 weeks to obtain, so plan your research early.
- ILL request form.
- If you are an online-only student, please indicate that in the “Notes” section of your ILL request, and include your mailing address.
- Please remember: due dates are set by the lending library – you are responsible for returning the book back to the Wyndham Robertson Library in time for us to mail it back to the lending library.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (540) 362-6239.
Your local public library can borrow books from Hollins, from Roanoke College and many other libraries using Interlibrary Loan service; this is a fast, efficient and low-cost way to get the books you need.
To renew books which you have borrowed directly from Hollins:
The return address for mailing books back to the library is:
Wyndham Robertson Library
7950 E. Campus Dr.
Roanoke, VA 24020
Using Other Academic Libraries
***2020-21: Due to COVID-19 many universities are only allowing current students, faculty, and staff into their libraries. You should check individual library websites to see if it’s possible for you to enter the building.***
The VIVA Cooperative Borrowing program lets current Hollins students borrow materials on-site from participating Virginia college and university libraries. More information on VIVA Cooperative Borrowing.
To search the collections of academic libraries worldwide, use Worldcat.
Other Hollins Support Departments
Last updated: February 11, 2021 at 15:36 pm