Services for Off-Campus Library Members
OneSearch shows all of the library’s collections. Enter your search, then look on the left for Refine My Results: check the box under Availability for “Full Text Online.” This will show:
- Full-text journals, magazines, and newspapers
- Streaming films/video
This list shows all databases, A-Z. To sort them by subject, change “All Subjects” to your choice.
Materials & Interlibrary Loan
Articles, Books, and Book Chapters from Hollins
***Special Service Fall 2020***
Students that are online for the Fall 2020 semester may request to have items from our collection scanned or mailed to them, at no charge. Note that staff and time may be limited – please plan ahead.
If you need an article or book chapter from that is currently available at Hollins:
- Please use this scanning request form.
If you need an entire book mailed to you that is currently available in OneSearch:
- Please use this mailing library items form. Note: this service is only available for students living in the US. If you are an international student and need an entire book, please email Rebecca Seipp, Assistant University Librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There is no charge for us mailing the book to you. However, you are responsible for return postage to the library OR you can bring the books back at the start of the Spring 2021 semester.
Daily request volume may result in limits on:
- delivery speed
- number of requests per person
- number of pages per request
Articles, Books, and Book Chapters not at Hollins
Articles and book chapters from other libraries can be requested from our Interlibrary Loan (ILL) services, at no charge. If available, these will be digitized. Items may take 2-4 weeks to obtain, so plan your research early.
- ILL request form.
- If you are an online-only student, please indicate that in the “Notes” section of your ILL request, and include your mailing address.
- Please remember: due dates are set by the lending library – you are responsible for returning the book back to the Wyndham Robertson Library in time for us to mail it back to the lending library.
- Contact: email@example.com or (540) 362-6239.
Your local public library can borrow books from Hollins, from Roanoke College and many other libraries using Interlibrary Loan service; this is a fast, efficient and low-cost way to get the books you need.
To renew books which you have borrowed directly from Hollins:
The return address for mailing books back to the library is:
Wyndham Robertson LibraryHollins University
7950 E. Campus Dr.
Roanoke, VA 24020
Using Other Academic Libraries
***FALL 2020 update: Due to COVID-19 many universities are only allowing current students, faculty, and staff into their libraries. You should check individual library website’s to see if it’s possible for you to enter the building.***
The VIVA Cooperative Borrowing program lets current Hollins students borrow materials on-site from participating Virginia college and university libraries. More information on VIVA Cooperative Borrowing.
To search the collections of academic libraries worldwide, use Worldcat.
Other Hollins Support Departments
- Hollins IT Help Desk: (540) 362-6538 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Moodle support: Brad Oechslin, (540) 362-6020 or email@example.com
- Hollins Writing Center: (540) 362-6387 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: September 30, 2020 at 18:43 pm