Library Carrels and Lockers: Reservations
Fall 2020: The library will not reserve carrels for the fall semester.
Lockers can still be reserved.
Due to social distancing requirements, the library has far fewer seats/student spaces available for the Fall semester. We will not reserve carrels this semester so that all study areas will be available at all times. We will make a decision about Spring 2021 by December 1st.
Carrels, and lockers in the Library Coffee Commons, are available for semester use.
- The reservation form opens two months before the start of each Fall/Spring semester. The form becomes active on July 1 for the Fall semester and December 1 for the Spring semester.
- Reservation requests will be handled on a first-come first-served basis. Carrel availability is limited to three reservations on each floor.
- Specific carrels may be requested by submitting the carrel number. Until we confirm your request, we cannot guarantee that a specific carrel will be available.
- The form is updated according to availability and reservation requests. If the form is no longer accepting submissions, then reservations for the semester are closed.
Use of carrels and lockers is at your own risk.
If a carrel/locker is damaged, the student may be held responsible for the damage.
- No food and drink may be stored in carrels/lockers; no hazardous or illegal objects. Carrels/lockers may not be used to violate any university policy or local, state, or federal law.
- Any circulating materials in carrel/locker should be checked out to you. Non-circulating library materials (reference books, journals, etc.) may not be kept in a carrel/locker at any time.
- Any inappropriate use of a carrel or locker will minimally result in the loss of use.
- The library reserves the right to access carrels and open lockers to inspect their contents at any time.
- All carrels/lockers are required to be vacated by the last scheduled final of the semester. If a carrel/locker is not vacated by the time its assignment expires, it will be opened and the contents will be turned over to the Campus Safety Lost & Found.
- Please use library locks only. Any unauthorized locks found on library lockers will be removed, and the lockers’ contents will be turned over to the Campus Safety Lost & Found.