Skip to content
How do I format page numbers and pages on my thesis?
- Use small case Roman numerals (i,ii,iii,iv,v) for preliminary pages (prior to first page of text); use Arabic numerals (1,2,3,4,5) for remaining pages.
- The title page is considered the first page but do not put a page number on title page. (The next page will be numbered ii.).
- Here are instructions on how to NOT number the first page.
- Number all pages, including those with photographs, charts, appendices, etc.
- Page numbers can be placed in the upper right hand corner, 0.5 inch from the top, or in the bottom center, 0.5 inch from the bottom.